Sunday Reflection: When I Pray
"We should walk in constant communication with God. There should be a constant looking upward to God. We should walk so habitually in his presence that even when we awake in night, it would be the most natural thing for us to speak to him in thanksgiving or petition." R.A. Torrey
Reading these sentences, in the book Power Filled Living by R.A. Torrey, reminded me that I pray many times in a 24 hour period, as I feel the need. I'm so glad that I have that kind of relationship with God, that I keep Him that close. Without his spirit presence in my heart and my mind, I confess I would feel lost.
I pray when:
- I'm sad.
- I've lost my way.
- I see the suffering of others.
- I awake in the night.
- I am attacked by others.
- Evil runs amok in the world.
- My son had a stroke.
- My mom had heart surgery.
- My daughter rolled her car.
- My sister's collie had surgery.
- My friend's son died (for everyone that knew him)
- The children I serve.
- The families they live with.
- The guidance of our school personnel.
- The people who read this blog.
"Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed." Mark 1:35 (NIV)
Start with prayer and keep it going because prayer works miracles in the hearts of people.
Resources: Power Filled Living, R.A. Torrey, Holy Bible, BibleGateway.com