Sunday Reflection: Light Shining

After years of traveling one highway to shop in Osage Beach I was forced to take another route, due to a road closing. Since that day, I've been using the "new to me" highway route. The scenery along the way is gorgeous, a new view of the countryside. This weekend, the trees along the way hadn't turned fall colors yet, but for some reason, the leaves glowed from the sunlight hitting them. It was refreshing and beautiful.

Last week, I didn’t shine every day. One rainy day, I put on a cloudy face, and another day I was just plain grumpy with others. My bad attitude shined. This changed me and those around me.

 As a Christian, I need to reflect God’s love for a couple of reasons. First of all, God needs us to radiate love for him—to love on others. Secondly, choosing to show love instead of hate changes us within by turning on our compassion and understanding. Finally, and this is important, one smile or kind word to another might be the only smile or kind word they get all day and perhaps be the light that brings them out of the darkness they're in.   
 “ For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.1Cornithians 4:6 (NIV)

“ See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness.  Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.” Luke 11: 35-37
 “In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:16 (NIV)

Blessings,
Teresa

Comments

We are supposed to reflect God's love. Easier said than done sometimes.
Mason Canyon said…
I agree with Alex. There are some days it's much easier said than done with it comes to reflecting the love instead of the grumpiness we feel. Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend.
shelly said…
Yup. I agree with Alex
Pat Hatt said…
A few simple words can sure help, but yeah hard to remember some days
JoJo said…
Don't beat yourself up for having a grumpy or sad day. You're only human. :)

Popular Posts