This is the day, the Lord has made . . . .

Vacation is over and I returned to work today. Very very busy. More people than I could manage, but I did it. I often grieve during vacation and near the end. So I have to work on staying happy during my vacation. Silly me. I really like my job, but I just always do this.

Today the Lord spoke to me through his amazing word. My Bible study was Psalm 30, a wonderful psalm. So I read through the verses of praise to God which always lifts my spirit. Verses like: ". . . you lifted me out of the depths" (v1), "and you healed me." (v2) and my favorite "weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning." (v5) Source: NIV Nothing is forever - not pain or sorrow(because both will lessen), not illness (healing or going to be with Jesus) and difficult situations (this too will pass)- this verse tells me so.

After reading, I prayed. I cried some. Joy filled me. Then a verse came to my mind. "This is the day, the Lord has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24) Normally this makes the start of my day always better. Anyhoo, I opened my eyes and started reading the author's commentary. There it was - the verse from Ps. 118:24. God does this many times, I believe it is his way of saying, "Daughter, I am here."

Comments

Popular Posts