New Beginnings


When the builders laid the foundation of the temple of the Lord, the priests in their vestments and with trumpets, and the Levites (the sons of Asaph) with cymbals, took their places to praise the Lord, as prescribed by David king of Israel.

With praise and thanksgiving they sang to the Lord : "He is good;his love to Israel endures forever." And all the people gave a great shout of praise to the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.

But many of the older priests and Levites and family heads, who had seen the former temple, wept aloud when they saw the foundation of this temple being laid, while many others shouted for joy.

No one could distinguish the sound of the shouts of joy from the sound of weeping, because the people made so much noise. And the sound was heard far away. Ezra 3:10-13 (NIV)

JW's thoughts: Author of Ezra- Unknown... Reader- Me. In this story we see people reacting with both joy and grief in the same location on the same day. They had different views of the same event. I think we often react like this in our own lives. We grieve what we have lost (jobs, houses, money). But if we allow it, we can find new happiness in new beginnings. Sometimes that means letting go and sometimes not. There is no betrayal in moving on and embracing a new beginning. Just so you know. Today, are you thinking about something that you might be hanging onto that is best let go?

Comments

Arlee Bird said…
This morning before I awoke I dreamed about my last place of work. I lost my job back in February. I had been managing a warehouse for the past 18 years for a company for which I had worked for over 30 years. I didn't want to relocate so I let go. Whenever I dream about this place now, in each dream the place seems older, stranger, and more difficult to relate to.

Since losing my job I have rediscovered my old love for writing and have been focusing on that. I have decided to persist with it until something happens. For now blogging has been a great exercise for me.

Lee
Anonymous said…
I love you since you are very positive and optimistic unlike me.

As for the question, I will try to finish the story I have been struggling to write.

Keep well...
Lee, Sorry about your last job, but you might have never "remembered" your love for writing without it happening. For some reason, life has way of squashing us and in turn our passions. :)

Yagmur, You are so dear. I struggle with being positive, believe me. I have to practice. :) YOU keep up that writing.
Joanne said…
Often, though it may be difficult, we do have a choice on how we perceive situations, events. So it can be within our power to find the good. Nice thoughts this Sunday.
What an important message! You're right...so often we're hanging on to things that we need to just let go. Thanks so much for the reminder.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder
White Dove said…
JW.... I always appreciate your comments and encouragement. These last few months I've just been bobbing along on life's ocean, but I feel I'm almost ready to swim ashore x
Joanne, I guess it's about our choices, and that is probably most difficult part, deciding.

Elizabeth, You are welcome. I have to remind myself, mostly.

WD, I know you have, I have felt it across the ocean. Sometimes I bob so much in life's ocean it's a wonder a hungry seagull doesn't come along and pluck me out for dinner.
Unknown said…
I love your spirit. We can learn much from reading God's word.

Popular Posts