The Good News

Brothers, my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.

For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.
Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness.

Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them."

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?' (that is, to bring Christ down)

or 'Who will descend into the deep?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).

But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.

As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him,

for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!" Romans 10 1-15 NIV


JW's thoughts: You've heard the saying, I have some good news and I have some bad news. It's pretty simple, as I see it...in Christianity... in following Jesus Christ. You either know Him or you don't. You either believe or you don't. You either follow Christ or you don't. It's pretty simple. If you say you “kind of” believe- then you haven't made your decision.

God's love is vast and immeasurable. And frankly we have a difficult time understanding the concept of a larger-than-life being… loving people, but allowing bad things to happen. But, our confusion about God -simply put- doesn’t change who he is or what he does for us.

So, I have some good news and I have some bad news. The bad news first (that's how JW likes it), the Holy Bible says that if you don't believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God (who came to earth to live and die, to absolve His people of all the stain of sin - my words), then I won't see you in heaven.

I hope you don't think I am being self-righteous…believing… I... of all people can enter the gates of heaven…and that maybe you won’t. I just know you have to accept and believe in Jesus to live inside Heaven's gates. "Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" Jn 14:6 NIV

I didn’t make up the rules.

But, I have good news. I am flawed. I am sinful. I am a human being of the earth...nothing special. You say that's good news, JW? Well kind of. If God can save me for his eternal kingdom he will save you too…if you believe. The good news is that God’s love is reaching out -through all the muck of the world - to you.

Someday when I see God face to face (whew that blows my mind) he will see me as pure and golden, because I am his child. I hope you are too..his child. I know where my forever home is. I want to see you there, because I love you. I really have that in heart.

I don't normally respond to comments here on Sundays, but always feel free to comment. If you have questions or comments that you would like me to respond to, then I invite you to email me. Have a great day!

Comments

Unknown said…
It blows my mind too, that someone as perfect and omnipotent as God can love someone as lowly as me, but He does.
Angela C. said…
The part...most important part, "Everyone who calls on the Lord will be saved". Teresa, that is so huge. I get it, got it a long time ago and can't even begin to imagine being lost and out in this world without Jesus. I could use some heavy duty prayer! I have known someone for 10 years and their life is so messed up...in so many bad directions. This has been going on since I've known them, but they aren't happy. Wanting to know how I can be joyful in non-joyful times...losing my job of 11 years and being a single mom...I told him I can be joyful because I have God...He's my ROCK! Long story short...went to church with me, to the alter, but continues to live like he does. I've done all I can as a witness. I just wish he could see how even though it's hard...you can conquer all if you turn to God.
I just want to thank you for what you wrote...because maybe someone stumbles across this blog and thinks, "God, hmm...I wonder if He could truly change my life."

Angela Case

Popular Posts