A Measure of Faith

During a very dark time in my life, my sister gave me a necklace with a mustard seed enclosed in a clear sealed locket attached to a card that read, “…if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” (Matthew 17:20 NIV) You would think that I would have felt hugely responsible for doing something. Instead, I felt I free of my self-imposed restraints to make things happen; instead I could let God be God.

Do we worry too much about our “Faith” ability, our skills to make things happen? Jesus said we only need a measure of faith to make things happen, not mountains of faith but a small amount of faith to move mountains. We pray a heartfelt prayer (James 5:16) and use our genuine measure of faith and God releases his power over circumstance. Of course, he doesn’t need our help, but he desires our contribution. We don’t even have to worry about what happens next because God takes over.

Please continue to pray for and donate to relief efforts for Missouri and other tornado ravaged states.

Blessings,
JW

Scripture resource: http://www.biblegateway.com/

Comments

CM said…
So true. Thank you for this good reminder today. Sometimes, I forget how powerful He is in ALL circumstances. Have a blessed Sunday.
Deb Shucka said…
What a lovely post, and a much welcomed reminder. Thank you. Blessings to you.
Tracy Jo said…
beautiful post. Thank you!
Linda Hoye said…
A beautiful reminder. Thank you.
Tracy said…
I will continue to pray; they are in such dire straights; so sad.

thanks for the lovely and welcome reminder; life certainly is precious!
Betty Manousos said…
thanks, Teresa for the beautiful reminder. most definitely something i needed to read today.

missed you!
betty xx
Unknown said…
Yes, you are right. My heart goes out to them and our friends in Arkansas. We were hit by a storm yesterday that uprooted trees and flung branches every where causing our power to be out all day. Such a small inconvenience when compared to what they have endured and are enduring.

Have a blessed holiday weekend.
Anonymous said…
Nice post ... I'm still taken back at the footage I see on TV. Now for the rebuilding process. Unfortunately, they are still finding bodies in the rubble.

Popular Posts