Life is one quote after another

This quote made me think of texting: “Let us make a special effort to stop communicating with each other, so we can have some conversation.” Mark Twain

This quote made me think of Libya: “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage that we move on to better things.” Theodore Roosevelt

This quote made me think of Bucking Change: “It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.”
C. S. Lewis



Happy Monday,

~~JW

Quotes by: Brainy Quotes


 

Comments

Oh darlin', I love that..."We must be hatched or go bad!" It's so very true in life isn't it???

I've been on a 'workcation' at my Mom's down in Brownsville, Tx. 'Could of stayed another three week and still not accomplished everything I needed to. Whew...

God bless ya my friend and have an extraordinary day!!!
I like the CS Lewis quote!
Cheryl @ TFD said…
The C.S. Lewis quote is very good!
CM said…
I like the Mark Twain one. That is so true!
Hart Johnson said…
Great quotes! I think that Theodore Roosevelt one could apply to the US right now, too.
I like your new takes on the old quotes! Very nice. :)
Sally Wessely said…
I love that quote by C. S. Lewis. No wonder I'm not flying!
Jemi Fraser said…
That Lewis quote gave me chills! I LOVE it! :)
Terri Tiffany said…
Oh I love these!Don't you wish we could think of a quote of our own? I do!
Absolutely. There is so much to learn if we just mind the things other people have said.

Hi, JW! :)
Betty Manousos said…
i like the mark twain quote.

so very true.

thanks for sharing these great quotes.

have a lovely day!
betty xx
Mary Aalgaard said…
Love these quotes. To add to the egg metaphor. If we don't change, we might crack up!
Hi Theresa .. great quotes - loved the egg ones .. and Mary's addition.

Mark Twain's one is so appropriate - a great many people don't allow their words to think .. they just are - ie a text without context .. so definitely communicating is so essential and getting those brain cobwebs to react, spark, think around a subject .. etc etc ..

Happy weekend .. I'm late! Cheers Hilary

Popular Posts