This weekend, my aunt Mildred died where Friday meets Saturday. She’s my mother’s sister and was 88 years old. She had a long and wonderful life. I've been compared to her many times and I have always taken the comparisons as a compliment.

I hadn’t seen her in years, so I didn’t think I would cry.

I did.
Then I thought what a great tribute it is to shed tears for someone we’ve loved and lost.  But, because of my faith, I know I will see her again in heaven along with many other family members and friends including a grandchild I’ve never met.

That’s the substance of my hope—my faith in Jesus Christ and a life after this. I am encouraged.

“Now also we would not have you ignorant, brethren, about those who fall asleep [in death], that you may not grieve [for them] as the rest do who have no hope [beyond the grave].

For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will also bring with Him through Jesus those who have fallen asleep [in death].

For this we declare to you by the Lord's [own] word, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord shall in no way precede [into His presence] or have any advantage at all over those who have previously fallen asleep [in Him in death].

For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a loud cry of summons, with the shout of an archangel, and with the blast of the trumpet of God. And those who have departed this life in Christ will rise first.

Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!

Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words.” 1 Thess. 4:13-18 (Amplified Bible)

It is a great thing to believe that always - and through the eternities - we shall be with the Lord.
~~Teresa

Bible Source: Bible Gateway

Comments

Betty Manousos said…
i am so sorry for your loss, teresa.

you have my deepest symphathy.

...and yes we shall be with the Lord!

(((hugs)))

betty
Hi Teresa .. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt Mildred ... perhaps that comparison and the loss that you could never ask and find out a little more about her .. will make you sad.

Though as you say we shall all meet again .. with many thoughts - Hilary
Naqvee said…
I am really sorry for your loss.. May her soul rest in peace forever and may all the family members be comforted by the heavenly father. Your hope and faith will lead to you to the best destination.

{{{{{{Naqvee}}}}}}
Jemi Fraser said…
I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful lady and I know you'll treasure all the wonderful memories.
Deb Shucka said…
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find comfort knowing her spirit lives on in you, as you're comforted knowing you'll see her again someday.

Popular Posts