Comfort

When my children were young and they were upset, frightened or ill they would search for me in a crowd of people just to find comfort. They trusted me. I hope I’m still a comfort to them.  

Sometimes we look to everything else in the world except God for comfort.  We get busy buying things, posting our status on social networks, and even turning to alcohol or drugs—trying to feel comforted.

Comfort comes in a calm and quiet soul where God can speak.  

My heart is not proud, Lord, my eyes are not haughty; I do not concern myself with great matters or things too wonderful for me.

But I have calmed and quieted myself, I am like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child I am content.

Israel, put your hope in the Lord both now and forevermore. Psalm 131 (NIV)


Scripture Source: Bible Gateway

Comments

Which is why some people turn to drinking and drugs - for comfort.
Carol Murdock said…
AMEN! I know where to go for comfort! XO
Gail said…
What a beautiful message...I love this passage.
Naqvee said…
Your message is precise and clear, a friend of mine visited recently and she was quite sick, she was sick because of her health and becuase of job dissatisafction. I asked her question, how often she shares her thoughts with God by way of praying and i couldnt get an aswer out of her. You see she is in discomfort bcoz she has ignored the ultimate comforter thoroghly and God is the way the only way to release every sinful thought of mind.

love Naqvee♥
Cheryl @ TFD said…
Great post! Have a good week!
Unknown said…
I certainly have found my comfort in God many times, more so than anywhere else.
Yeah, why do we do that. We let ourselves get into the big mess, when we should of simply turned to the Father to start with.

Great post sweetie!

God bless ya and enjoy your day! :o)

Popular Posts