Training the A-Z way
It’s January and it's my plan this year to participate in the blogfest A-Z Challenge in April. This blogfest is about posting for 26 days with every day corresponding to a letter of the alphabet. There’s much more to it at the Blogging from A-Z Challenge site here. Wait; don’t go until you read my post.
Lee at Tossing it Out is the man behind the scheme. He thought up this challenging blogfest and it’s been a hit ever since. And he’s recruited some of his friends and fellow bloggers along the way to help. Beginning January 30th you can sign up.
Now, I don’t join blogfests often. There’s the commitment issues. There’s the “marching to my own drummer” philosophy. But sometimes you long to belong.
And that’s where the Blogging from A-Z Challenge comes in. To get prepared, I’m in training. Here’s my workout plan.
Fingers stretch out. Fingers pull in. Repeat eight more times. Then—stop.
· Get eight hours of sleep.
· Dream each night about a dancing alphabet.
· Leap vigorously to catch random letters in your dreams since you will need them to complete A-Z.
· And even if they struggle and bite to be free, catch them. It’s well worth it.
Repeat daily: A-Z is only one month. Not even a month. Only 26 days. It’s a challenge not a marriage. You’re only committing yourself for 26 days. Consider it a very long date.
· The Little Engine That Could (I think I can, I think I can)
· Old A-Z posts for ideas. New A-Z posts for ideas. (This helps you know you’re not alone.)
· Gone with the Wind (“I can’t think of that right now, If I do I’ll go crazy. I 'll think about that tomorrow.”)
· Eat chocolate – lots and any kind is fine.
· Drink coffee. Lots. Coffee helps with memory. True story, I think.
· Eat fried foods to store fat because writing is a lonely and cold profession. You’ll need the comfort of fried food.
Write random ideas. Write conversations. Write grocery lists. Write until you find your theme. Then…write it for real.
And that’s my training workout for the Blogging From A-Z Challenge coming to a blog near you April 1-30. I’m stoked. I have a theme. I’m getting prepared.
Now go visit the Blogging from A-Z Challenge site to learn more about it. Get outta here--go!