Do I look older?Watch it now how you answer. My birthday was yesterday. No, I don’t remember how old I am. Don’t ask. Yes, I celebrated it with my family. My mom always makes an awesome meal and cake for me. That part I like very much and spending time with my family. Getter older—not so much.
· It’s not a good thing when you know a market takes 3-4 months to read your submission and they send it back in one month. I lost my mind and sent a manuscript with 200 words more than the magazine wants. I’d like to believe I’m a detail person, so I don’t know what happened. But, I was invited to fix it and send it again. I did. I don’t know why it went out with the wrong number of words. But then…
· I stood and watched an empty toaster—waiting for the toast to pop up. After a couple of minutes, I realized I hadn’t inserted a slice of bread.
· I’m still working on a short for a children’s magazine for my Write 1 Sub 1 monthly challenge.
· I still need to write five more posts for the A-Z April Challenge. And I need to edit the others. Bloggers are still signing up for the challenge. When I wrote this there were 1083 bloggers signed up.
WorkRecently, we had a PD day on what to do in case of an intruder. We’ve had many directives on what to do, but I don’t remember an actual training. It was awesome and tense. We had to be a part of three intrusions, after the training.
Let’s just say, I was shot two times, but never killed. Let’s just say that the third time, I took action with the men and one female teacher (in my group) and kept the intruder out.We were tense and stressed which made it a good simulation.
Some things I learned:
· Fight back when necessary. It’s better to fight back and risk being shot than not
· Most people do not die from gunshot wounds.
· Only God is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent. An armed intruder is not. (My summation.)
· Cowering under a desk makes you a target.
· If escape isn’t safe or there’s a breech in your hiding place, fight back.
· Intruders don’t go into a school to get sympathy they go to kill and be killed. They have nothing to lose.
· Even though it seems we hear a lot about school killings, they are actually rare when compared to our population.
· Don’t be a victim. Fight.
Have a great week. Be productive. Be kind.