I'm giddy, I am, because April 1 is right around the calendar corner. So, here's a little sneak peak at the titles of my A-Z posts for the challenge. I mean you already know the order—right? A, B, C….
To reiterate, I used Brothers Grimm story titles and made up my own stories. The criteria for each story is that the story and title must relate, title has to be mentioned in the story in some way, story needs to be a little grim, and the story’s setting must be rural or small town.
Titles and a teaser:
1. Allerleirauh –Conniving adults and clever children don’t mix.
2. Brother and Sister- Sometimes twins are too close.
3. Cinderella- What would you do if you were thrown out of a car and in a deep ditch?
4. The Donkey – For the love of horses or a donkey.
5. Eve’s Various Children – A crazy cat lady story with a twist.
6. Fundevogel- When space aliens and humans don’t see eye to eye.
7. The Good Bargain- Stupid tourists
9. Hut in the Forest- Children + desperate times = desperate measures.
10. Iron John- On the run for thirty years.
11. Jorinda and Joringel – When one wife doesn’t do it for you, replace her.
12. Knapsack, Hat and Horn – Inanimate competition.
13. Lazy Harry- Where is Lazy Harry?
14. Mother Holle –The town gossip is the last to know.
16. The Nix of the Pond – Keep your children away from the pond.
17. Odds and Ends – Confessions of a sixteen year old kleptomaniac.
18. The Pink- A Valentine’s Day party gone pink.
19. Queen Bee- Mixing sheep and cattle –I wouldn’t do it.
20. Rumpelstiltskin – It’s never a good idea to disrespect local culture and people.
21. The Story of Schlauraffen Land – When you see a no trespassing sign- heed the warning.
23. The Two Travelers – Meeting each other for the first time is always awkward.
24. The Ungrateful Son- You shouldn’t mess with old women who know a thing or two about guns and handcuffs.
25. The Valiant Little Tailor – Revenge
26. Wise Folks – Two elderly wise sisters (cough, cough)
27. X - No idea yet. (That’s not the title.)
28. The Young Giant – Imagine corn maidens and eligible bachelors. It’s not what you think.
30. The Zenith – Mean Girls + Victim = bad outcome
I tried to keep my posts under 500 words, but in some cases I failed. Oh well.
Writing for the A to Z Challenge has helped my ADD. How, you might ask? I was able to write all kinds of things, which is how I think and makes me happy. And, really--is it so wrong to encourage my ADD in this way? Is that bad?
See you at the A To Z!!!!