Last year, for the A-Z, I created short stories that related to a Brothers’ Grimm title only, rural setting and be a tad bit grim. Because I’m a deadbeat, I still don’t have my NEW VERSION of the Grim Tales of the Ruralhood put in an eBook format. (It’s changed for the better, I think.) But, I do have a professional editor lined up for April. After that, I’ll publish it. See, there’s hope for me.This year my I’m posting my A-Z from The Ruralhood blog. I want to use that platform to tell you a story of one summer of my life. The A-Z has rules and you can go to the site here and read them. One rule is that your post must match the letter of the day. I’m not sure if my stories will actually match the letter of the day, but they’ll relate to the title, that will match the letter of the day. Are you confused yet?
My overall theme this year focuses on the summer of my seventeenth year. With the A-Z order in mind, I will be remembering for you my life at seventeen as I worked my first real job waiting tables and living life the best way I knew how.
Other things you might want to know:
· The title is The Waiting Summer
· There will be photos!
· If the posts are too long, then feel free to not read them. I want to give you something interesting to read.
· Names and identifiers are changed for the characters other than me and my family. (That’s what you get for being related to me.) J
· Because of the A-Z order, not all stories will be in sequential order. I mean it’s not going to matter. And if there’s more to a story, I plan on making a note of where the next installment will appear in case you want to read more.
· I plan to post my Sunday devotionals and Carol Kilgore’s new book debut on Journaling Woman. But, mostly I will be at The Ruralhood.
As usual, I’m nervous about getting around to the other participants. I want to visit every person’s blog on the list, but realize I won’t be able to. I plan to pick a number of bloggers to visit each day, visit my regulars and visit those who visit me. Whew.
I had fun last year. If you haven’t joined and wish to, click on the badge in the sidebar.
What do you think? Am I out of my mind? Have you signed up for the A-Z Challenge? Have you touched base lately with your seventeen year old self?