Not much to report in my world, except these thoughts and a couple activities:
1. Spring is a temptress, luring you in with bursts of color. then fading right before your eyes. However, I captured my flowers bursting before they faded.
|I wish you could see the purple petunias in the planters. They've grown since this photo was taken and are very pretty. Plus I planted another pot of (pink) petunias next to the rocker..|
2. I must improve my mental and emotional health. With that, physical health will return. First on my list is to STOP letting others steal my peace. (Sorry there's no photo of my mental health. It's better that way.)
3. My brother and his family came visiting this weekend. Remember the little cowboy in Yesteryear and Sibs? He's all grown up now, and we had a nice visit. He seems to be finally accepting the birth of our little sister. I think.
5. Stop the presses! Millie GREW! She doesn’t feel heavier to me, but my sister with her postal scales, aided by my daughter the Frugal Shrink (because it takes two to round up Millie, I guess) weighed Millie. A couple of, or three weeks ago, she weighed 3.9 pounds. She now weighs 5 pounds 10 ounces. I'm so relieved because I figured I was killing her somehow.
6. I wrote first-drafts of three short stories in the last couple of weeks. Why so many? Once they knock at your brain's door, you really need to let them come inside to talk--even if it's crowded and your momma said, never talk to strangers.
Hope your weekend was fabulous. Anything I should know?