"Keep scribbling! Something will happen." Frank McCourt

Saturday, April 25, 2015

THE VAGABONDS

V is for:

THE VAGABONDS by... Me

THE VAGABONDS is a short story in Grim Tales, a compilation of shorts, from a previous A-Z challenge.

First Line: Every time an ambulance races by our house to the house at the end of the gravel road, my mom on cue shakes here head and clicks her tongue.

End Line: I wondered what fun they were having now. 

I have notes, in my story stash, to expand this short story to book length--middle grade.

10 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued! Great opening line.....why is the ambulance going to that house so often?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vagabonds sound like quite an interesting bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure peaks interest with the opening line indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, that house at the end of the road must be no place to trick or treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Putting the two lines together is rather funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, nice to include one of your own stories! I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, nice to include one of your own stories! I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teresa ... love the thought of this and how you'd develop it into one of your Grim Tales .. and how the story would turn out and what would happen at the end of the gravel road ... Chees Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to reading your finished tales.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.