It’s hard for me to join a blogfest to be one of the crowd, not because I can't, not because I hate to--no, no, it's because I like to walk to the beat my own (and different) drummer. But today I've decided I want to join one and name ten of MY favorite television shows and reminisce (or ramble as I like to call it.) It's Alex Cavanaugh's baby, but he asked "us" to join. (BTW he has a book coming out in a month.)
Here they are in no particular order.
1. Medical Center (1969-1976) – I loved this show because (1) Chad Everett was a hunk and (2) the show was very interesting.
2. Dallas (1978-1991) - I loved the characters on this show. Let me say you couldn't peel me off the TV when Dallas came on. In 1999, I got to visit Southfork Ranch and wanted to live there in the fictitious house and on that ranch that wasn't really used for filming--much. I cut my hair like Pam's more than once. My life was so empty after the show went off the air that I had to learn to live again on my own--without Pam and Bobby.
3. Knots Landing (1979-1993) This spin off from Dallas may have been my favorite show. I couldn't be happy until I viewed weekly the messed up lives of KL's characters. I've always wanted to live on a cul-de-sac.
4. Seinfeld (1990-1998) To me this is one of the funniest shows around. I want to write funny like that.
5. Bonanza - (1959-1973) I was so in love with Parnell Roberts aka Adam. I didn't realize that it had been on TV so long (until I researched it) or that I didn't start watching it until the 1970's.
6. Charlie's Angels (1976-1981) Why? Because I felt with a little makeup and some training, I could have been one of those girls. And there is the Farrah hair that I may or may not have had...at times.
7. The Young and the Restless (?-present) You can call me whatever bad names you want and bar me from your crowd, but I love this daytime drama. (Yes, it's a soap opera.)
8. Star Trek- the original show. (years?) I feel like I've watched every episode. James T. Kirk and Spock and the entire cast was wonderful. The show entertaining. Here's a website with Trek history.
9. Rare Visions and Roadside Revelations- This PBS show is so much fun. Three men travel in a van and find unique places and people. I love it.
10. Desperate Housewives - I can't help it, I am in love with this silly "I get nothing good from it" show. Yes, I know it's a nighttime soap. (Judging me will not make me your friend.) I like watching people whose lives are out of control and they are not mine.
That's only 10 of my favorites. I have many more because I am a TVaholic. Some from my childhood: Sky King, The Walton's, Hawaii Five-O, Batman, I dream of Jeanie, Bewitched, Andy Griffith.
I want to thank Gail and Jules for new awards. I will get those out soon, so you all can see how lovely they are and how awesome these gals are.
Feel free to tell us your favorite TV shows past and or present.