Sometimes I talk to kids about what’s going on in their lives, dreams after high school, and missing too much school where they could lose credit for an entire semester. And that was just yesterday.
Most times, I light a little fire under them if only momentarily before they return to past decision making. I always hope that the connection I see in their eyes is a seed planted in their brain.
Sometimes, because of circumstances and choices, they feel their original dreams for the future have died. We all do that. We allow circumstances and people to direct our well-being. And often we feel helpless.
So I tell my students:
1. When you make a wrong decision, try to make it right again.
2. Only you can kill your dream and—don’t.
3. No one can stand on your own two feet for you.
4. It’s never too late to start over.
5. Hard times will not last forever. If they seem to be lasting forever, then you need to recheck your method for change.
I’m telling you this, too.
Today be inspired. Introduce yourself to your dream(s) again and run with it. If you trip and fall, get up and run again.
Running with Dreams.