Leaving it Behind and Looking Ahead
A Few Things learned in 2011
1. You CAN leave your car keys in the ignition and the alarm will not alert you when you get out of the car that your keys are dangling from the ignition. And, you CAN return a couple of hours later and find your car still there. You CAN.
2. People complain about being married. People complain about being single. People complain too much. I guess we’re never satisfied.
3. Reinventing yourself through a new job is like pulling an established tree out of the yard and planting it elsewhere. It’s painful for the tree. Once replanted, it either lives or dies. I, the tree, lived.
4. Letting go of stupidly will only benefit you. But, stupidity is like static cling, I’m telling ya.
5. Not everyone is a friend. Be very aware.
6. You can’t get ahead financially until you stop spending unnecessarily. Duh.
7. I have commitment issues and that’s that. I need to love myself in spite of my issues, but I can’t commit.
My Writing Goals for 2012
1. I am joining Write 1 Sub 1 A year long writing experience in Ray Bradbury's shadow, this year—the monthly route.
2. I am going to schedule my writing time instead of—not. This method will assault my free spirit mindset and play negatively with my non-commitment issues. It must be done.
3. I am going to join Blogging from A-Z in April. I need to sharpen up on my alphabet skills. Sesame Street, here I come…again.
4. I am going to concentrate on finishing one book this year instead of working on all of them. However, I’m worried that the others will be mad at me because I know what those characters are capable of-- I'm just saying.
I wish you blessings galore for 2012, my Blogging Buds. Happy New Year!