Missouri Tornadoes

I am exhausted this morning. I'm so jittery that I don't think I can even take a nap. I thought about not posting today at all, but I am. We had tornadoes in SW MO last night. One mom of three confirmed dead, I heard. I rarely ever get worried, but something was different in my gut. There was a trailer park about three miles south of here. It was flattened last night. The storm shelter there was blocked with a tree or something I heard. One person was killed (as confirmed right now), several are injured.
I’m ok. My family members in SW MO are ok. I haven’t gone outside to look at the house, but the big trees that usually are a sign of something worse look ok from here.
School is cancelled because there is no power in town. There are power lines down on some of the roads.
If you’ve ever been to Branson, MO, you might remember Highway 76.  The news says, it was hit badly and the highway is closed for awhile
Many of the communities in Southern MO have been hit. Pray for us.

I plan to post my A-Z letter tomorrow and a blurb about Alex Cavanaugh’s  new book.

Comments

PR said…
Oh that's awful. Glad you and your family are OK. I'll send some love to the families in need :)

Universal Gibberish
It was quite the ride here. The winds moved in at 70~80 mph before the storms actually hit. Nasty!!!

I've called family in Ash Grove, Branson and Mountain Grove...all is well. Thank God.

I'm glad your safe and sound.

God bless ya and have a sunshiny kinda day sweetie!!! :o)
D.E. Malone said…
*I'm so sorry to hear this. Praying for those affected in your area and glad to hear you are ok, except for your frayed nerves.
Hi Teresa .. it does sound awful - and so sad to hear you mention deaths .. thinking of you all - Hilary
Betty Manousos said…
oh NO!that's awful! glad you and your family are okay.

thinking of you, teresa,
sending big hugs!

betty xx
How horribe.

The winds were wicked in St. Peters last night, but nothing like you got.

Stay safe.

Donna V.
That is terrible. Teresa, so glad you and your family are safe though. Thank you for letting us know.
Laura S. said…
Praying for you and your community, Teresa.
Joanne said…
I just saw a breaking news report on this, what terrible devastation. I'm glad you're okay, and my thoughts are with you and your family.
Mason Canyon said…
So glad to know you and your family are okay. Sad news about the deaths and destruction. Keeping you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress
Gail said…
Oh, I had heard the terrible news. I can imagine the terror since we had a killer go through here around four years ago right before I started blogging.

The family was in the basement and the girls and I were outside watching the storm, I told the girls, here it comes. They did not believe me at first, just as we shut the door the wind sucked the air out every crack. We had property and are still clearing trees. For a week I had to ride with Hubbs in the Mule out to a road so I could go to work. We thought two in the county including one right over the ridge from us.

The power of a tornado makes me feel tiny and helpless.

So glad you are okay.
Such horrible storms out there! The pictures of all the devastation is just wrenching. So glad you're all right.
Mary Aalgaard said…
I'm so sorry for all the scary weather you had. We had a snow storm here, but we were all safe. Prayers for calmer weather and peace in your heart.
Carol Kilgore said…
I'm so glad you and your family are all right. Tornadoes are scary. This morning I read there's another round of weather coming, but this one may be east of you. I will keep you and the other bloggers I know in your area in my thoughts and prayers.
Cheryl @ TFD said…
I've seen the photos of the destruction in your area. I'm so glad you are okay! Take care!!
Jaime said…
I'll pray for you and your neighbors. So sorry to hear about this. Take care of yourself.
Indie said…
Just stopping by to see if you are ok.

My son and DIL live near you and I have been so worried about the people I love in your area.

I am glad you are ok my mentor!

I love you,

Indie

Popular Posts