Random Thoughts for Monday
Some of you (or maybe one of you) asked if I had skinny or big hair. Don’t let my photo deceive you. Without product, I have big bushy hair.
Anyway, bushy curly hair did not make me happy growing up. My mom and my best friend both had straight dark hair. I did not. To rectify my lack of smooth hair in the 1970’s (when it was very cool to have long straight hair), I:
· Asked to have my hair thinned. They used scissors with teeth that my hair guru uses today to give layers to my hair. Guess what? Using those scissors way back then did thin my hair but when the first humid MO. day happened my hair went bushy all over again. It must have been the layers. Then I…
· Discovered Protein 21 shampoo to help with the frizzies. Wonderful stuff. I also…
· Saw someone using juice cans as curlers. I did it too. This helped straighten and tame my long hair somewhat. Then the ultimate happened. I discovered…
· Large three inch in diameter curlers or rollers. That did the job. I usually slept on them all night to dry my hair since the giant rollers wouldn’t fit under the hairdryer.
All I can say is YIKES.
Lesson’s I learned last week:
· Kids are still going to bed hungry in our world. Not cool.
· Students listen to you and often hear your voice in their heads when they think they are doing something you wouldn’t approve of, even when you’re not their parent.
· I’ve always been an ingenious detective, but with the internet, I’m amazing.
· Cat’s scratch.
· Bees buzz and people run.
· No matter how hard you try to pull in your stomach, it’s gonna pop back out at some point.
· And, Alex Cavanaugh is a one popular dude. He made JW fashionable momentarily…almost like queen for a day. If I’d known that prior to his appearance, I would have rented myself a tiara or a prom dress or something. Thanks again, Alex, for the interview!
Now, what did you learn last week? What do you expect to learn this week? And what about this time next year? Too much? You want me to stop?