"Keep scribbling! Something will happen." Frank McCourt

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Reflection: Be Used


Working as an Admin Assistant, in my younger years, I was responsible for assigning and managing student helpers, for our office. There were things we needed to consider as in the age and character of a student. When I became the one who chose the chosen, I added my own criteria to the list. I wanted students who were the “popular” and "not as popular"  kids from our school. I also wanted students who were outgoing and those who were shy. 

And…I wanted to pair the opposites together, in their assigned hour.

It was a challenge for me to direct the daily activities of completely different personalities, together. That's when I decided to let God use their own gifts to figure it out and I stepped back. Who could have imagined that an  introverted male student paired with a beauty queen, who had a kind and supportive heart, would get along so well and build each other up? Or what about a shy girl paired with a stronger personality girl? They became friends! Not best friends, but friends.

God often uses us to complement another even if it seems impossible. Be used!

" The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’" Matthew 25:40 (NIV) Read the entire chapter here.

Blessings,

Teresa
 
 

6 comments:

  1. That's the thing with school.....kids don't bother to get to know each other, really get to know each other. If they did there wouldn't be so much bullying and labeling. I didn't really develop a circle of friends till I was in junior high, and my elementary school years were rough. I came from a rural part of town, so my classmates only saw me from Sept to June. Not on the bus or after school or on weekends. I faked a lot of stomachaches to get out of recess, let me tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated school - that I remember, why, I am not sure. But I agree, kids don't get to know one another, but then do adults?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giving each a glimpse into personalities they'd never usually associate with, great idea indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful message. Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. True. People who are too much the same don't have the some diverse strength as two very different people.

    Arlee Bird
    A to Z Challenge Co-host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment.