Monday's Child is Fair of Face

Good Morning!

I wish I were a Monday child, however I am fair of face- does that count? I wish Monday and I had a better relationship. Because of Monday, my relationship with Sunday suffers. I am trying to make it better; it’s an ongoing struggle with my frame of mind. Just to clear the air, yes I am very grateful for my job and I like my job very much.

Trying to make Mondays better, Journaling Woman likes to:

1. Sunday night, gather things by the door to take to work. This helps to downsize the crazies you feel as you are running out the door.

Also, plan what you will wear. Decide (and this means you Journaling Woman) what you are going to wear the night before so that your bedroom doesn’t look like your closet exploded, when you come home from work on Monday.



THEN


2. Go to bed before midnight and STOP working on that blog. (Yes, most days I make my bed -don’t judge me. It just makes me feel better.) Our body needs adequate sleep.

PS I wish you could see the painting above my bed in the picture. It is the painting in Journaling Woman's blog header. Here is a better picture.

Lovely huh?






3. After waking up and with squinted eyes, I head for the Java. This is just me, my routine. You don’t have to drink coffee (Dr. Lovely Daughter). Don’t forget to eat breakfast, either at home or at work. Since, I am a grazer I take Cheerios to snack on at work, so that I won’t eat unhealthy things, when I get the munchies.

THEN
4. To meet Monday and everyday, JW tries to stay close to her source of faith and strength. She reads her Bible and prays. This is the only way my soul stays peaceful, this also gives me purpose in our world. And I just keep reminding myself that I am not here to add to the world’s chaos, which helps my Monday morning blues. Now, If you are saying to the computer for JW to get off the soapbox, I say, you need to consider that you are a spiritual being. You are heart, soul, body and mind. All parts of you needs tending, to be healthy.

5. As I am heading out the door, I almost always repeat a verse that I learned years ago from -said Bible “This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.” Ps. 118:24 Being joyful on Mondays is a test of my willpower, but I give it a good try.

6. Allow plenty of time to get to your job. YOU already know how traffic can be. Road Rage should not be your car companion, nor should texting while driving - I will add.

7. Once I am at work, (I really am a very nice person, ask almost anyone) I say as cheerfully as my sleepy voice and muddled mind can muster “Hello, how are you?” to the first person I see. Usually, these people seem glad to be acknowledged and even though their response is kind of like Charlie Brown’s parents voices in my mind, it helps me to be civil from the beginning. My attitude seems to be my governor as I begin my day. Happy or grumpy is really my choice. (But, in my defense I am not a morning person.)

Now this is just for fun. If you work with people on Mondays, you may at the end of the day be thinking:

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.” Author Unknown (to me)

OR:

"Everyone has a photographic memory. Some don't have film." Author unknown (to me)

ONE MORE for the technology field people out there:

"I just found out that the brain is like a computer. If that's true, then there really aren't any stupid people. Just people running DOS." Author unknown ( to me)

After Monday is over, I will be fine! Really! I am a nice person. Really!

ONWARD

Comments

LOL. And yes, some of us substitute skim milk for our coffee...
Tammy said…
Pretty pictures, though your bed looks so comfy, I don't know how you ever get up! I find myself staying up later and later on Sunday nights, and am glad to hear I'm not the only one who is a glutten for punishment.
Tammy

Popular Posts