Longing


O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you,my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.

Because your love is better than life,my lips will glorify you.

I will praise you as long as I live,and in your name I will lift up my hands.

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.

Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.

My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me. Psalm 63:1-8

JW: My favorite Psalm. I have memorized nearly all of this chapter because it answers so much. Our souls long for something to complete us. We see this as we search for relationships, drink excessively, or buy things we don't need. We are constantly searching. But there is a difference between satisfying our soul with God and satisfying our soul with other things. God fills. Substitutes leave us empty.

Comments

Arlee Bird said…
Great message for our world today. Why doesn't it sink in with more people? The world would be more content and more peaceful indeed.

Have a beautiful Sunday, Teresa.

Lee
Naqvee said…
Dear Friend,
you are really a kind woman as you are ready to spread the right words to public at large!

Lots of love
Happy Sunday

Naqvee ♥
Carol Murdock said…
And....everyone said; AMEN !
Angela C. said…
I love Psalms! How many times in searching scriptures I have found contentment there.
God knows what we need to hear when we need to hear it, and I'm so happy He's available 24/7!

Angela
What a comforting bit of scripture! Thanks, Teresa.

Elizabeth
Mystery Writing is Murder
Sally said…
perfect...

I think I need to copy this and carry it with me this week... trying to commit it to memory....

so much power in praying God's word back to Him...

thank you
Mason Canyon said…
Wonderful message. Very inspiring. Have a great Sunday and enjoy.
Unknown said…
I once heard a minister recommend that if you are unable to complete a regular Bible study program read a chapter in Psalms and a verse in Proverbs daily. I love both.

Your message is a valuable one. How often do we lose ourselves focusing on "I want" instead of God's plan?
Mary Aalgaard said…
I also read Psalms for comfort. I'll tuck that one in the memory bank. Just what I needed today. Longing.

Popular Posts