Mothers

Do you know a mother of faith and example? I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also. II Timothy 1:5 (NIV)

Do you know a mother whose love is patient and kind and loves without self gain? Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. I Corinthians 13:4 (NIV)

Do you know a mother whose children are glad to say she is their mother? Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her.  Proverbs 31:28 (NIV)

Did you know that one of the last things on the mind of the Godly Jesus when he hung dying on the cross- was his earthly mother?

Near the cross of Jesus stood his mother, his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.

When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to his mother, "Dear woman, here is your son,"

and to the disciple, "Here is your mother." From that time on, this disciple took her into his home. John 19:25-27 (NIV)

JW's thoughts:

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers reading this.
Godly examples of motherhood are often revisited as we search inward for evidence of the person we should be. Godly mothers are people whose daughters look to them for answers, whose sons never forget. Mothers influence the lives of their children (and other children) which helps shape the world.

I am glad I had the opportunity to love, nurture and watch my two children grow up to be wonderful people. I am blessed.

See a tribute to my mother at The Ruralhood.

Comments

Love the verses! Happy Mother's Day, Teresa!
Betty Manousos said…
Thanks, Teresa, for your inspiring post!
Happy Mother's Day!
B xx
Gail said…
Wonderful message...I hope I have been the mother I should be.

Happy Mother's Day
Mason Canyon said…
Inspiring post, Theresa. Hope you have a Happy Mother's Day.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress
Mary Aalgaard said…
Beautiful thoughts on a blessed day. Happy Mom's Day to you! Hug a kid!
CM said…
Happy Mother's Day to you too, my friend :-)
Ya included part of my favorite chapter in I Corinthians 13. Thank you for this beautiful tribute to all mothers. I hope you day was special and filled with love and laughter.

God bless ya and have a marvelous Monday!!!

Popular Posts