Discernment

And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.  Philippians 1: 9-11 (NIV)


JW's thought:
Scripture says that "Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial." (1 Corin. 6:12a) A part of pursing a love relationship with God is discerning between what we should and shouldn't do. By doing what is right and following God's plan and purpose (for us), we become closer to the Holiness of God. We are his representatives here--on earth: his love, his touch, his example of honorable living.





Bible Scripture source: Bible Gateway

Comments

Basically we need to learn to do the right thing no matter what the choices.
Mason Canyon said…
Another inspiring post. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Mason
Thoughts in Progress
Mary Aalgaard said…
Moving into the light. If only everyone understood that they are a precious child of God, here to show His love and kindess.
Tracy said…
JW,
Thank you so much for an inspriing post...grappling with the hate going on in the world (yesterday and today I deal with the issue...) and this coincides with my thoughts.
It's nice to have thoughts to share!
Terri Tiffany said…
Thank you! I enjoyed this so much today:)
Sometimes the spirit of discernment warn you of something. One time we had a man attend our services and when I shook his hand I just knew he was a petifile. Nothing like this had ever happen to me before. I was still teaching and my assistant principle was head of security. He offered to run a check on the guy for me. Mr. P was at church to get involved in our youth ministry, I was blown away. You always think of your church as a 'safe' zone.

God bless you sweetie and have a glorious day.
Denise Covey said…
Very inspirational. I especially like "Everything is permissible but not everything is beneficial." (1 Corin. 6:12a). Sometimes we can get this one mixed up!

Denise:)

L'Aussies Travel Blog
Unknown said…
Teresa, how is the new job coming?

Your insight is always much appreciated. Take care and God bless.

Popular Posts