Sunday Reflection: Beautiful You!


 ♪♪♪
There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies, disguises and hoops, they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you 
(A More Beautiful You)
♪♪♪
Listening to Jonny Diaz sing A More Beautiful You” on the radio this week, reminded me about all the fussin’ people do to look pretty on the outside.  Sometimes I feel a bit counterfeit because of my hair color, my painted nails and makeup. I also wear clothes that hide my “real” body.


What are we trying to prove when we buy into the world’s standard of external beauty?


We are MORE than outward beauty. We are:
  • Daughters and sons
  • Mothers and fathers
  • Friends and neighbors
  • We are touch
  • Laughter
  • Brain
  • We are heart
  • Love and loved
  • We are made in the image of God
“The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7 (NIV)

Stop surrendering to the lies. Stop judging yourself through others' opinions. Be the beautiful you, God intended you to be.

“So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! “2 Corinthians 5:16-17 (NIV)


My prayer: Dear Lord, help me to never look at myself through the eyes of hate and criticism, but to focus on the things you see within me.


Blessings!
Teresa

Comments

Thank you.
A powerful truth I will try to remember.
JoJo said…
Well I don't wear make up or even nice clothes cause I hate clothes shopping so much. But I've never felt beautiful or pretty anyway, even when I was still young and a lot thinner than I am now.
That's why Heaven will be so awesome - we won't see the external stuff anymore.
Pat Hatt said…
I workout because it keeps me fit and from becoming some fatso, but that is for health, screw what other people think
There are people who become more and more beautiful the longer I know them because of the beauty within them. What we see in the mirror affects us in unconscious way so why not try to make it worthwhile looking at, right? :-)

Popular Posts