Reflecting on the A-Z 2016 Challenge

I finished the A-Z Challenge this year. Actually, I’ve always finished. Is that bragging? My theme was dying an odd death. I’m not sure what this says about me, but I’ve never enjoyed researching something so much as I did this topic. I had no idea the amount of people who have died crazy type deaths, until I researched it.  I felt sorry for all of them, even the woman in the chimney, although when did climbing down a chimney ever go right?

During the A-Z, my real challenge wasn’t posting every day, but commenting on Blogger posts. I think it was my Internet. Our rural Internet provider stinks big time, so that could have been it. I could read the posts, but couldn’t always comment.  Maddening.

The first week, I decided to work from the bottom up and wham many of those bloggers were not participating.  That was disappointing. Then there were bloggers that, by the time I got to them, had run out of steam. (I totally understand.) But the bloggers that I did visit, who were still trucking along, were awesome.

I gained a couple of followers. I saw some interesting blog posts. I didn’t feel like people  participated as much as they did in the past. Sad.

Over all, it was a good experience. 


Did you participate and read or were you read only? What did you think of the whole A-Z challenge? What did you think of dying oddly?

Comments

I was intrigued by your theme. Have you ever come across the book 'What a way to go?' It features some very, very odd deaths. And people.
Life got in my way and I stopped reading posts about half way through. Which I regret.
Some year I will participate. Perhaps.
Hi Teresa - your topic was 'fun' - if one can describe it that way ... as long as I wasn't the subject of death! Sadly I couldn't participate this year .. but saw some old friends and watched from afar ... see you next year ... I'm trying not to think of an odd death! Cheers Hilary
That's odd that so many sign up and don't participate! Congratulations on finishing the Challenge and on such an interesting topic!
Mason Canyon said…
Congrats on finishing the challenge. I know we're talking about death, but your topic was awesome. I never released there were so many odd ways people died. As for the challenge, it's sad that so many didn't finish but I can see that it could become overwhelming if you weren't careful.
Hey, if you read any, I am pleased. :) I have not read that book, but will do so. Sounds good. Thanks for coming by.
Sorry you had trouble commenting.
You did have a great theme!
Your theme was certainly intriguing. I hate that you had trouble commenting, too. This year was tough for me. wHEW!
Anonymous said…
I enjoyed your theme. Some of those deaths were crazy. Not how I'd choose to go! LOL
cleemckenzie said…
I don't think I missed one. How could I? They were wicked and odd and sometimes downright absurd. I loved your theme this year.
Pat Hatt said…
Yeah, stupid internet can cause unneeded headaches. Fun theme indeed at your feed.
JoJo said…
I really enjoyed your theme! It was so interesting and I went to the links you provided for further details on the stories. My issues with A-Z, when I did it, were the same as yours. Keeping up with commenting on other blogs, answering comments on your own blog, people that never started or petered out part way through. It's one of the reasons I stopped doing it.
Mary Aalgaard said…
Your posts were always interesting. People can get themselves into trouble in odd ways, can't they?
I liked the challenge. I stuck to the list of my favorites and those who posted on the IWSG facebook page. I don't have time to click on blogs that aren't participating.

Well done, Teresa!

Mary at Play off the Page
Random Musings said…
I absolutely loved your theme! I originally started out commenting on all the blogs I visited but it got to the point where people had only done one or two posts and we were 20 days in and I started to think if they can't be bothered why should I. I know that isn't a great attitude but there's only so much time and I wanted to comment on people's blogs who were making an effort
Debbie
Arti said…
Hi Teresa. I didn't manage to visit you during the challenge, but it's never too late...found your link on another reflection post and your theme got my antennae up. I hope to go through your deadly posts as and when I find time.
Arlee Bird said…
Congratulations on finishing another Challenge. You had a unique theme that a number of people including me enjoyed reading. We're such a bunch of weirdos!

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Popular Posts