IWSG April 2020: A World in Crisis

Hello writer and blogger friends! It's the Insecure Writer's Support Group time again. What's going on in my world? Come with me...

This post was written for the Insecure Writer's Support Group monthly blogging event created and brought to you by writer Alex J Cavanaugh with co-hosts Diane Burton, JH Moncrieff, Anna @ Emaginette,Karen @ Reprobate Typewriter, Erika Beebe, andLisa Buie-Collard! Please go visit these awesome people. "In this time when our world is in crisis with the covid-19 pandemic, our optional question this month is: how are things in your world?"

For sure, our world is in crisis. I hope all that are reading this are doing well, and I'm praying you stay that way. 

Snippets from my life: 

Thus far, the county I live in reports no individuals with the Coronavirus. Since most surrounding counties do have people with the virus, it's only a matter of time before someone here tests positive.

Our school district has shut down. Although no one is saying that it's for the remainder of the school year, how could it not be? We're all mostly working from home. Students are working on lessons from the school--at home. Parents are homeschooling! If nothing else, schools could be a bit more popular after this. 

I have not been to my church in a few weeks. We all know that "church" is within us if we have a relationship with God and his Son, but it would be nice to go to a church building again.

The last time my family and I got together was on March 15, the Sunday before my birthday. So glad we did.

My grandson did not get his family birthday party that comes a few days after mine, AND it's his 20th in the year 2020 which is cool. 

My other grandson does not get to finish out his senior year. There will be no prom and no graduation ceremony in May. So sad.

Their grandfather died last week. We are devastated. He'd been fighting cancer for years. Have you ever been to a graveside service where lots of people attended but stood at least six feet apart? I have...now. 

My daughter works in a hospital. My son has to sell car parts. So they are at work each day. Of course, I'm worried.

I am grateful that:

  • I can still write my stories. 
  • My family is healthy so far.
  • I have a family even if we are separated right now.
  • I have toilet paper in my home and food. Notice the order of importance? If you don't live in the U.S. you might not get the reference.
  • Spring is here and I get to be outside more and start my gardening. 
  • The weather is warming up. So wonderful. 
Be safe and be healthy, you all! 

T.

Comments

Toilet paper is in short supply here too. As are some food types. Funerals can still be held, but a maximum of ten people (including the celebrant and any staff) can attend.
I am very glad you are safe and hope you stay that way.
Hi Teresa - belated happy birthday ... I think there'll be lots of celebratory get togethers later on - happy days ahead. So pleased all is well and you're in touch with each other. Take care, write away ... and all the best - Hilary
Sorry you lost your grandfather.
Your grandkids will miss some life experiences but keeping their life is more important.
Hope your county remains vigilant.
Mason Canyon said…
So glad to hear you and your family are well. I pray things continue to improve. In our area, most people are not even having funerals, so sad. It's also sad that seniors will not have their proms and graduations but I'm sure it will still be something they will remember long into their old age. Take care my friend.
Pat Hatt said…
20 in 2020 is neat indeed. Stinks for many that the get togethers and proms and such are cancelled, but way it must be. No TP is going around lol
Karen Lynn said…
I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the pandemic burns itself out quickly. Stay safe.
Carol Kilgore said…
So sorry for your loss. You be healthy and stay well, too. I feel sorry for those who won't get to experience the wonders of senior year festivities, but staying alive and defeating this virus takes priority. We are at home. I stay home all the time - not that I don't go out, but writing is mostly an at-home kind of job :) Husband however is a get-it-done-now extrovert. He may be having more difficulty adjusting to this current normal. Just sayin'. I pray all our efforts are successful and this plague is soon relegated to the history books.
emaginette said…
I'm sorry for your loss and am glad you see the positiveness around you. I'm doing that too. :-)

Anna from elements of emaginette
Anonymous said…
I'm in the US and get the toilet paper reference. All I can say is WTF?

So sorry for your loss. This is such a trying time for "ordinary" life crisis. There are simply no words.

My daughter and sister are both nurses. I completely understand.
Nick Wilford said…
I get the reference and I'm in the UK. Toilet paper is the number one item here too, to meme-like proportions.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can only imagine what attending a funeral would be like now. Hope you and yours stay safe. Glad to hear you're keeping busy too.
Gail said…
Sorry for your loss.

Been missing blogging and some bloggers.

I am the gopher for the family. Have toilet paper and found something in the dried food department besides lentils and chick peas so we're good.

Stay safe. Miss you!

Still regret not writing that book.

Popular Posts