IWSG February, 2021: The Meaning of Blog Friendships

This post was written for the Insecure Writer's Support Group monthly blogging event created and brought to you by writer Alex J Cavanaugh Alex's awesome co-hosts for this month are: Louise - Fundy Blue , Jennifer Lane, Mary Aalgaard, Patsy Collins at Womagwriter, and Nancy Gideon!

Optional Question: Blogging is often more than just sharing stories. It’s often the start of special friendships and relationships. Have you made any friends through the blogosphere?

I began this blog in 2009, October, I think.

I wanted to connect to writers, since I’m a wannabe writer. I think the first person I ran into was Elizabeth Spann Craig. I saw right away the talented writer and blogger that she is, but even more than that, Elizabeth is a good person, authentic and supportive. She helps writers.


Speaking of supportive. The IWSG is a good example of support that we need and get when we participate. Thank you, Alex Cavanaugh, for creating it. 

 

After Elizabeth’s blog, I met many writers and bloggers, in general, through the blogging world and all while wearing my PJs. Blogging friends are filled with loving support, useful advice and the acceptance that we all need. I’ve told my daughter that when I die, she is to get into my account and post that I’m on my way to heaven. That’s how much you all mean to me, how you have a place in my heart.

 

If I haven’t told y’all how much your blogging friendship means to me, then I want you hear my deep-felt appreciation and my huge thank you for your support and kindness. I don’t know you in my everyday life, but I know you in cyberspace, and I think you are A-Okay. 

 

T.

Comments

nashvillecats2 said…
i bless the day I founf blogging. over many years have made numerous friends.
I thank everyone of them.

Yvonne.
Bloggers are wonderful aren' t they. Truly wonderful.
Hi Teresa - great shout out ... Elizabeth's knowledge of the publishing industry is so helpful to many ... and yes - I love the blogging community - inspiring and so helpful. Stay safe - Hilary
Oh my goodness...thank you! I think you and I started blogging at about the same time and I've always appreciated your kindness, support, and friendship. I love our blog community.
You began blogging when I did! And Elizabeth was also one of the first bloggers I connected with.
Thanks for being a part of the IWSG.
Mary Aalgaard said…
I also value your friendship. I enjoy your posts so much. Thanks for all your support.
Mary at Play off the Page
Jemi Fraser said…
I think Elizabeth was also the first people I met as well!
Blogging has indeed brought us lots of friendships!
Chrys Fey said…
Elizabeth is wonderful and so kind. She's a blogging treasure. :)
Carol Kilgore said…
Totally agree about Elizabeth. I've been blogging almost as long as you have, and have met so many wonderful and supportive people. I call all of you friends, even though I've only met a couple of you in person.
Pat Hatt said…
Sure a bunch of great bloggers and groups out there in blogland indeed.
Fundy Blue said…
Happy IWSG Day, Teresa. I hope all is well with you. I, too, appreciate all the wonderful people I have me on-line, especially those in the IWSG! Take care!

Popular Posts