Sunday Reflection: Do not lose heart!


Sometimes peace is hard to find, but God gives us hope in various ways. The hugs of a child. The sun shining. Love from supportive friends and family. Spring is one of those hopes for me, a sign that there is a better tomorrow. When I see flowers pushing through the earth, I see spring pushing out the cold, gray winter. How can I not feel hopeful?  

As I write this, the Ukraine citizens are in the middle of a nightmare that they don't want to experience. Evil does this to others. Bullies do this to others. Please join me in praying that their winter will soon be pushed out by spring. 

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - Jesus (John 16:33)

May God bless you always!

Teresa 



Comments

Definite prayers for Ukraine, and for all of us should Russia go down that dark hole...
I needed to read this today! Thank you. :)
Hi Teresa - an important post for us all at this time. My thoughts are with Ukraine most of the time - so thank you - Hilary
Chrys Fey said…
I am definitely praying for Ukraine. Prayers are great, but it's important to go beyond prayers with real action that can make a difference immediately, such as donating to Ukrainian aid whatever we can spare, even $10 is wonderful, signing petitions, and sharing news from Ukrainian sources. :)

Popular Posts