September IWSG: The Insecure Writer’s Support Group turns 12!

Happy 
BirthdayInsecure Writer's Support Group (website and event)!  I baked a birthday cake for you, IWSG, but I ate it all myself. That's just how I am about cake... and donuts. Sorry about that. 
The co-hosts helping with the IWSG this month are Sonia Dogra, J Lenni Dorner, Pat Garcia, Sarah - The Faux Fountain Pen, and Meka James! Go visit these precious people after you’re finished here.

The IWSG is the wonderful creation of Alex J. Cavanaugh who is an excellent Science Fiction writer. You can find his books on his website here. He started the IWSG for writers, “To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!” Although, I’m not writing on my blogs as much as I have in the past, I try to join the blog hop the first Wednesday of each month when I can. You can too, here! Thanks, Alex, for all that you do!

Monthly optional Question: The IWSG celebrates 12 years today! When did you discover the IWSG, how do you connect, and how has it helped you?

1. When did I discover the IWSG? I could be wrong, but I’m fairly certain that I participated the first time it launched as a blog event. If not, then soon after. If not then maybe I was eating cake and missed it. I don’t know. (UPDATE: Just so you know, I looked back at posts and cannot find that I joined the IWSG in the first year or the second. I'm still looking.) 

2. How do I connect? As a writer. I love other writers. They do it write (get it?). Me either. 😁

3. How has it helped me? It has helped me know that all writers have  struggles. It has helped me not give up as a writer. It helps provide advice and support. 

You can visit the IWSG website here. If you’d like to join the monthly event, go here and sign up.

That's all, folks. Now, leave a comment and go visiting! There is absolutely no leftover birthday cake here for you.

T. 

Comments

Hooray for Alex - and all writers. You are my heroes.
Natalie Aguirre said…
That's awesome that you joined the group when it started. I don't know exactly when I joined, but it was years after it started. I'm so grateful to the group and its support. Happy Anniversary, IWSG and Alex!
The IWSG has helped so many writers! And has a terrific resource list, too.
We were blogger buddies before it began so I'm sure you joined early on. Happy you did!
Glad you're here. Can't believe the beginning was so long ago.
Hi Teresa - I know you've been around a while ... but I can't remember exactly when - in fact I've never done an IWSG post! But I'm always following along - the blogger in me I guess ... but the A-Z I happily joined and then just kept blogging. You've written books etc and helped your Dad write his (I think I'm right in saying) ... cheers - always good to see you here - Hilary
Beth Camp said…
But I really like birthday cake. Chocolate? Frosting? So tempting . . . And, yes, I am continually inspired by IWSG challenges and that sense of community we have. Keep writing, and happy birthday, if I'm not too late in wishing you well.
chickangell said…
Aww man, no cake?

Glad to be part of this awesome community, even without the cake! www.heidiangell.com

Popular Posts