December IWSG: What Does Your Book Review Say?

Book reviews can be a constructive critique, a critical critique or something in between. Although, there are helpful revelations in some critiques, others are too harsh and pointless, sometimes troll like. 


The IWSG is the creation of Alex J. Cavanaugh, who writes awesome science fiction. You can find his books here. He started the IWSG, “To share and encourage. Writers can express doubts and concerns without fear of appearing foolish or weak. Those who have been through the fire can offer assistance and guidance. It’s a safe haven for insecure writers of all kinds!”  The IWSG’s website offers resources and a support group. Join the blog hop the first Wednesday of each month here 

 

The awesome co-hosts for December are C. Lee McKenzie, JQ Rose, Jennifer Lane, and Jacqui Murray!

 

December’s optional question: Book reviews are for the readers. When you leave a book review do you review for the Reader or the Author? Is it about what you liked and enjoyed about your reading experience, or do you critique the author?

 

I write very few reviews, for various lame reasons. Mostly, I forget, and I don’t know what to write. When I do write one, it’s to support the author. However, I won’t lie and say that I love it, if I don’t. 

 

Christmas is near! Buy yourself a book (where the author gets the money), read the book and write a kind, purposeful review. 

 

Merry Christmas, everyone! May God continue to bless you throughout the New Year—2024! 


~Teresa

Comments

I should indeed write more reviews. If I made New Year Resolutions (I don't) that would be a good place to start.
Happy holidays.
Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you, Teresa!

I honestly think I'm a terrible reviewer. Maybe writing tons of book reports in elementary school ruined me, ha.
Natalie Aguirre said…
Happy Holidays! I don't have time to try to write long reviews. I write a few sentences telling what I liked about a book.
I'm a bit slack when it comes to reviews.
Merry Christmas!
I bought a lot of books to give as Christmas gifts. It's a good idea.

Popular Posts