3. I learned you do not need two beds unless you have a roommate or... an imaginary friend. In that case, you NEED an extra bed and therapy.
5. I learned that fat squirrels are never to be trusted. Never-ever throw french fries off the balcony...my sister says. Good thing she stopped me (over the phone), I had french fries ready to throw.
6. I learned that ducks and geese can be selfish birds and noisy when given free food-so noisy that you might need to close your balcony door to hear yourself write.
7. I learned that I need to live on or near the water. Last week, I heard the sea calling me or the lake or something calling me.
8. Or I could live on that little Ozarkian island. Can you see it from my balcony?
9. And I learned that even nighttime on a lake is beautiful and interesting and full of romance, intrique and murder. I made some of that up.