Monday, April 05, 2010
Monday Ramblings from JW
I want you to know that I enjoy your blog, Cut and Dry very much and encourage others to venture over to read it and say hello. I can't really remember what my life was before blogging, but if I hadn't started well... I wouldn't have met all the wonderful bloggers in my life-you included. Thanks again for the award. Talk to you soon-Teresa
Since the last time I rambled on a Monday...
1. My eldest grandson stayed the night and we had a great time. I'm not sure why or how children and grands can make a person turn to mush but -I am mush.
2. Gravel that had been sprinkled on the roads for the snow and ice met my windshield. I now have several chips and a cracked (about 8 inches) windshield.
3. My brake light went out. Someone who followed me to work (not a stalker just another employee) told me that my brake light was out. Did I know this? How could I know this? Every time I stepped on the brake and then ran to the back of the car, both brake lights were out. Whaaat?
4. Spent the weekend with the Dr. Daughter. We went shopping in Branson, Saturday and church on Sunday. As we were nearing Branson around 2 pm, I got a dreaded feeling in my stomach (also hungry feeling since I had forgotten to eat lunch before I left home) that shopping in Branson on Easter weekend might be like Black Friday shopping... but it wasn't.
(I love lists.)
5. I spent 13 bucks on a very cute jacket pattern like I'm going to sew again? Thirteen bucks I could have put toward my windshield or brake light expense or a better cause for humanity. I don't know why this bothers me -except I've sewn many garments through the years and have never spent that on a pattern. Big ole SIGH.
(I know this looks like Tuesday's Ten, but it's not. It's just true rambling...that happens to look like a list.)
6. I have played more with my Windows 7 and think I really like it...except it's smarter than me and does things behind the scenes thinking that it knows best and maybe it does. I'm struggling to let go and let it drive, but I'm such a control freak. I've learned that OS's don't care about people's feelings or obsessive/compulsive behaviors.
7. I cleaned out two very messy closets and found 5 boxes of keepsakes. Whaaat? I thought I just had a keepsake drawer, but oh no, no- no. I have one box for my daughter, one for my son, and three for me. I broke the news to my daughter. Not yet to my son. I plan on delivering it to his door in the dark of night.
9. I am writing a post a week for The Ruralhood blog...that's been so much fun. I am hoping it will still be there for future generations. I am going to make a blog book-just in case.
10. I've been visiting you all...as time permits and loving your posts.
11. Picked up my guitar again. I don't know why I lay it down. Playing music gives me peace and happiness. Just looking at the guitar makes my hair straighten in a hippie sort of way.
12. Last but not least - doing lots of writing- which makes me so hap hap happy.
Those are MY rambles. Pick one if you dare and tell me your thoughts.