Dear A-Z and CassaFire


Dear A-Z Challenge,
This is a letter is to assure you that all is well with me, but for awhile, I wondered about my mental state since I over think everything.  Once I committed to participating in the A-Z, I went through a few hundred mental processes. The other day, it came to me; I could be going through the 5-stages of menopause grief (Kübler-Ross).  

Now before you say I’ve lost “it” for good, read on. This is how it went down.
After I clicked the linky for the A-Z Challenge, I immediately experienced denial. Even though I willingly signed up, I had to argue with myself, “What did you do?”  and “What? Nothing."

I experienced anger.  I was angry, A-Z, that I let you talk me into committing to 26 days of writing and visiting with others. It sounds innocent, but I ask you, why me? When an answer did not come to me, it sort of made me—angry. So, I may have lashed out at random letters. I mentally ripped up word documents. I might even have stolen candy from babies. But, I’m no longer angry.

A-Z, did you know that I tried to bargain? Well I wanted to bargain with YOU. I thought about calling you to see if I could pull out of the challenge, to see if we could make a deal. Know what? I couldn’t find your phone number. Is it unlisted? I thought about running away, but where could I go that A-Z is not? I mean the alphabet is everywhere.  Then I hit a new low, I felt like if I could just undo what I’d done, I would feel better. So, I tried to unlink from the challenge. That’s a whole other post.

Today, I’m in the acceptance stage. Today, I accept my commitment to you A-Z Challenge with confidence. I know all is good and that I am growing as a writer. I almost enjoy writing the stories that I’ll need. When all is said and done, I will have learned if I want to write, I must write and challenge myself.  No challenge means no growth.

You say there’s one left over? Depression?  I’m staving off depression with a dozen eggs. A dozen eggs (you might be saying)?  Just yesterday, I devoured a dozen chocolate marshmallow eggs straight out of the carton. (Thank you, Easter Bunny.)

A-Z, I need to go for now. For some reason, I have a hankering for alphabet soup. That’s weird, huh? See you soon. April is right around the corner.

Love,
T.J.P.C

P.S. Sign up for the Blogging From A-Z Challenge today here.



A shout out to Alex J Cavanaugh for the release of his newest book CassaFire. Congratulations!  I can wait to read it.  



Hey look at this, his publisher is giving away a huge prize package that you can win in the next two weeks by commenting on his blog. Go to  Alex J. Cavanaugh to enter.  AND...

Go congratulate him and…buy a book.




Comments

Hi Teresa .. love your letter - glad I'm not the only writing them! I thought you were on the way to abcs .. there but you messed up at the 'acceptance' stage .. if that had been 'commitment' or 'confidence' I'd have been a happy A - Z bunny ...

Not having kids .. I missed out on alphabet soup .. but I used to love the iced biscuits with extra zoo animals iced on .. and enjoyed licking off the icing - the biscuit a bit like iced lolly sticks was left - and my sticky mitts shone with a rainbow colour ..

Not soon is it .. enjoy your Easter eggs - unless that's your lot for this year .. cheers Hilary
cleemckenzie said…
I'm trying to figure out if I missed a stage. I know I'm not at Acceptance yet. HELP!

Off to file stuff alphabetically.
Teresa, that was hilarious! Sorry, no bargaining - I'm in charge of the list and I'm not taking you off. You can do it!
And thanks so much for mentioning my book and the prize package.
Laura S. said…
I'm sure a lot of us go through these stages when we're working on our wips too, LoL!

You can do it, Teresa!! I know your A-Z posts are going to be awesome!
Arlee Bird said…
I can empathize with what you're going through. I think I'll buy some chocolate marshmallow eggs. And some peeps too.


Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out
Twitter: @AprilA2Z
#atozchallenge
Blogging from A to Z
Heeehehehe! Great analogies sweetie. I have a problem just pushin' publish when I post....any post!

I swear my heart stops every time.

God bless and have a terrific Thursday sweetie!!! :o)
Katie Gates said…
Entertaining post! You have a distinct voice.
Anonymous said…
I've started Alex's new book. The writing flows. I'm impressed. And although I'm not a sci fi fan, I am enjoying this story.

As for A to Z - after I signed up, I didn't know if with my caregiving duties and not having an aide at the moment and TRYING to find one, which has been miserable, that I couldn't do the A to Z. But I got myself in a calm mode, and have begun drafting each letter of the alphabet. I finished E yesterday, and I'm going to see if I can finish up tomorrow. This is the only way I can do this, by drafting everything ahead of time so that all I'll have to do is comment on as many blogs each day as I can. I didn't do this last year, and did have to drop it.

So, I'm glad YOU are at the acceptance stage, and hope you can relax. I tell myself if for some reason I can't do it, it would be the end of my world, or anyone's world! The world won't stop turning. What I'm saying is, I'm NOT going to stress about it. I have too much in myself as it is!!
Ann Best, Memoir Author of In the Mirror & Imprisoned
Jemi Fraser said…
Teehee! I signed up for the first time this year and I think I'm still firmly in denial! :)
Cherie Reich said…
LOL! That's great! And the A to Z Challenge is a lot of fun, even if it is a daunting task. :)
Cheryl @ TFD said…
Great post, Teresa. You will do fine, I am sure!
Oh my! Those stages of grief are hard. Glad you're sticking with it, though!

Shannon at The Warrior Muse, co-host of the 2012 #atozchallenge! Twitter: @AprilA2Z
This is great! *chuckles*
If participants are feeling the pressure, imagine what Lee and the co-hosts are going through?
Good luck fellow A-Z'er! :)

Popular Posts