|Yes, I own this book!|
Let's start with 10 ways my life does not parallel Cinderella’s life:
1. My mother did not die when I was a youth. Therefore...
2. My father did not remarry or give me a wicked stepmother and two equally wicked stepsisters.
3. I did not have blond hair as a child/a teen/young adult (Disney version of hair).
4. My childhood home did not have a fireplace with ashes.
5. I’ve yet to meet my fairy godmother, although I’m fair-ly certain she is out there somewhere. It’s just something a girl knows.
6. I’ve never successfully grown pumpkins so there would be none to turn into a carriage.
7. I’ve never owned or tried on a glass slipper, let alone worn two.
8. Not once has any rat, mouse or bird ever spoken to me in my native language or helped me in any way attend a ball. Maybe because…
9. I’ve never attended a ball, in a castle, or danced with a prince--ever in my life.
10. I’ve never had a prince pursue me. However, I did marry a King, once-upon-a-time. We did not live happily ever after. True story.
Here are the similarities between Cinderella and me:
1. We're both females.
The Disney quiz revealed that I am not a Cinderella, but an Anna! “Who the heck is Anna?” I said out loud at the time. So I looked her up, and she’s a not so shabby character in the movie Frozen. And yes, I have watched Frozen, but I guess Anna didn’t stick in my brain as Cinderella did.
The quiz results on being an Anna:
“You’re fun, friendly, and slightly klutzy. You’re always up for an adventure and family comes first for you.”
Note 1: I've added a Millie tab. Note 2: Keep an eye out for a Ruralhood post on Saturday.