A New and Good Year

I have had my share of bad years, but mostly good. The year of 2017 was not my best. In fact, 2017 was the saddest for my family with the passing of my dad. Added to this was health stuff, relationship issues and the deaths of beloved pets. 

My nearly twenty-year-old kitty, Kiki Dee died.  I tried to get her to that number--20, but she had cancer.

I'm hoping for a better year. Who knows maybe 2018 will play nice. I have a ton of things I'd like to do. I think the hopeful call them goals. I'll call them goals or...wishful thinking. On a big scale, I would like to change the humans of the world for the better, but in reality I can only change me. In this new year, I would like to:

       start things,
       then finish things,
       find out what the heck is wrong with my health,
       find and buy a new car, for reals,
       continue playing my new guitar,
       learn my new camera and take lots of pictures with her,
       draw again,
       sew more,
       love not judge,
       stay close to God,
       give not take,
       make peace where I spread conflict,
      Most importantly, I need to show up in my own life, not just function day to day, but live it. There will not be a perfect day to start.

And tick tock.

I know I'm late, but Happy New Year!

The picture at the top is of my dining table and one of my goals. I am sorting pictures for my photo albums, this time. The problem lies in stopping to look at each one and reminiscing. I might meet that goal since I have to clear the dining table by April for a birthday party.

Currently at the Ruralhood: When you shouldn't edit a story...


Comments

Susan Kane said…
I need to show up in my own life, not just function day to day, but live it...This is so well said.
Stay close to God and let Him guide you and it will be better year.
Heartfelt hugs and oceans of caring. I think 2017 was a difficult year for many - and I am hoping for better. For you, and for the world.
Pat Hatt said…
Hopefully the health woes get figured out, they are never fun. Showing up is sure good too.
Fundy Blue said…
Happy New Year, Teresa! I hope that 2018 is much better for you. I'm sorry to hear that you have lost your father and Kiki Dee and have had some health challenges. It's been quite a year for a number of people I know. Wishing you health, happiness, fulfillment, and love. It looks like you have some good things to look forward to.
Stephen Tremp said…
I couldn't get past Kiki Dee. Sorry to hear of your loss. Pets are family too.
Hi Teresa - I'm sorry about last year ... and certainly feel for you re your father; but your health needs your attention and perhaps some form of balance and with fewer upsets, that I hope 2018 will bring you, you'll feel easier as Spring comes along.

Pets are so important to us - yet they too go to their heavenly place ... look after yourself and bring back those memories ... take care and all the best - Hilary
Crystal Collier said…
It's hard to find the motivation when you're consistently not feeling well, eh? Been there. No fun. I'm wishing you a better 2018 and that you'll be able to discover what's going on health wise.
Jemi Fraser said…
Love your goals! I have to admit I would never add the sewing one to my list :)
Hugs on the loss of your dad & Kiki Dee. Hoping 2018 is a very good one for you!!
I'm so sorry about 2017! That was a rough year for you.

I'm with you on the health thing. You're inspiring me to make that gastro aptm, although I really don't want to!
Hart Johnson said…
I'm sorry about the sadnesses of last year. And I wish you the best of luck with your goals/wishful thinking. I hope this year brings you a lot of happiness and productivity.
Arlee Bird said…
Hope we all have a better or at least decent year. Staying close to God helps will a lot of our trials and burdens.

I need to do that photo organizing thing. I have a lot of organizing period that needs to be done.

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out

Popular Posts