Sunday Reflection: Love and Wisdom


Social media sites often shows characteristics of people that I never wish to see. I’m not sure which of my adages apply here: “Keep your uglies in your diaper” or “not everything you think needs to be said”, but I do wish some would apply either, in their social media usage.
As Christians, we have an even bigger responsibility, applying love in all we do. Instead, we may judge others by saying things that are unkind or just plain mean because we get attention.  When we do this, we’re not showing the love of Christ in us.

Love is a huge tool, when applied.
 “With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.  Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring?James 3:9-11 (NIV)

Wisdom is our guide.
“But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. James 3:17 (NIV)

We are given a measure of time to spend on Earth. Using that time to build rather than to tear down is the best use of that time.

Blessings,
Teresa

Comments

Well said, Teresa. We are to love and pray for our enemies as well as our friends. In all things, we are to be an example of Jesus' love.
Mason Canyon said…
Teresa, you are so right. It's important to remember these inspiring words.
Stephanie Faris said…
Keep your uglies in your diaper? I loved that. It cracked me up!
Pat Hatt said…
lol but but I don't want to wear a diaper lol very true, as soon as people get anonymity on the internet, they let it all flow out.
Cynthia said…
Sometimes when people are mean for the sake of being mean, they are sharing with me how they secretly feel about themselves.
JoJo said…
I've had to cut and trim the people that are always negative and going on drama and profanity laced diatribes. I really don't need that in my life! I had a former high school acquaintance go after me last year b/c I unfriended her on FB. And by go after me, I mean sent me nasty messages from her deceased mother's profile saying what a fat ugly loser I am and how Russell is blind to be with me. She came after me on Pinterest and also on Google+. I blocked her everywhere I could. Still, I just couldn't bring myself to slam her back....she's obviously in so much pain and hates herself and her life. And one of my friends who felt bad about the things she was saying about me on my status found herself blocked when she stood up for me (I told her to let it go and not give the woman satisfaction, but she refused to let her talk about me like that, which was sweet). Ah well.

Popular Posts