Writing, Homework and Entertainment
I’m back. Didn’t plan on being away, but I was suffering a little burn-out from my job, a little depression from life, and needed my vacation. As of last Tuesday, I’m on vacation.
What have I been doing?
1. I finished another short story and sent it out.
2. I’m nearly finished with the edits on Grim Tales. Next, I’m sending it to an eBook formatter.
3. I’m writing (just started) a collection of frightful stories. (I love that word—frightful.) There are some frightful (there I go again) stories that need to get out of my brain.
1. I had my deck rebuilt. So then I had to refinish my old patio table to accommodate a new umbrella and stand. I had to buy new chairs.
2. I put on a new screen door on the back of the screened in breezeway. The new deck made the old door look terrible. You know how that goes.
3. I planted several Coreopsis plants and a bush (can’t remember its name, but it will bloom pink flowers). I love Coreopsis.
4. I've been mowing my huge yard. Then, I mowed some more. Trimmed. Shaped the 545 bushes in my yard. Then, I mowed some more. To be continued....
1. I’ve walked six miles since vacation started.
2. I saw Man of Steel.
3. I’m reading Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews.
4. I need a road trip, but can’t decide where to go.
5. I can’t wait for the following shows to begin: Under the Dome and Big Brother.
What I learned last week from myself (because I’m a learning experience in motion): I don’t understand anything anymore. Nothing makes sense to me. Nothing.
How about you, do you have vacation plans? Home…work? Wisdom to share?